Wednesday 30 November 2016

Christmas Prep, a Reality check!

     I had a friend of mine, who was following my blog posts about getting ready for Christmas, informed me my posts were making her feel guilty. I asked her why and she told me, because I was so on top of everything as far as getting ready for Christmas goes. And I laughed at her. I realize I've been attempting to guide you through everything to make everything less stressful for you in your Christmas preparations, but if you think I've done EVERYTHING I've listed thus far, you are dead wrong.


     So Okay, I've stayed on top of things like shopping, decorating, and wrapping, stuff I would call, The fun stuff. HOWEVER there are SEVERAL things that have fallen through the cracks for me, that I have to get back on top of. IE, cleaning the damn appliances. Remember when I told you it's my least favorite thing to do? I put it off. This is my personal assignment for tomorrow when I'm off. Baking.

    The confession has been made to my mother in-law, and I said I may make 1-2 batches of cookies, and my chex mix this year. I usually do like 5-6, but I simply can't be bothered.

    The closets aren't cleaned, and the cards aren't ready. By no means do I have it all together! So anyone beating themselves up, stop, I'm lagging a bit too.

     What is interesting about this point in the planning is we start to prioritize. Remember in the beginning of all of this we had that magical list of the perfect Christmas? If you've been able to keep it all together, and are getting exactly what you wanted on that list, good for you. If not and you're seeing things more clearly now, welcome to Christmas reality.

     Do you know some of my fondest memories of Christmas is when something went wrong? Like the year the roasting pan didn't fit in the oven and we had to cut up the turkey to cook it. Or the year I overflowed the sink. Christmas is about being together with people you love, Christmas is not perfect.

     So, as we sit here, the day before December, it's a time to stop beating yourself up, prioritize your list, and get ready for the highest gear we've been in, but enjoy every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment