Wednesday 9 November 2016

Christmas Cards

     
Ah the Christmas Card, a lost art these days. I've noticed my collection gets smaller each year, which is unfortunate, because I love sending and receiving them. But if Christmas cards are something you do, it's time to start thinking of them now. If you're like me and actually lose your addresses every year (sorry Bev, it's always you I come to for that), you really need to get on that. I like to send them at the very beginning of December, perhaps selfishly because like I said, I like getting cards too, and often, people send them back when you send a card to them. But it is also to get them out nice and early. Doing up the cards is usually a team effort in my house. We split up the list, I take my side of the family, Cale takes his and when I'm done I help Cale with his list (Cale's family is bigger). 

So now is the time to get the list together, and get your cards picked out, or printed. And remember if you're doing a letter, get that done now too. 

What do you do with cards once you receive them? I incorporate them into my decor! It's not up yet, or I would share a pic. I take ribbon, and use painters tape ( to protect the finish) to attach it lengthwise down my kitchen cupboard doors. Then I use painted clothes pins to attach the cards to the ribbon. I got the idea from two places. One, I've seen people decorate their cupboards with ribbon before. And the other place was actually my mother in-law, who usually puts her cards all over her cupboard doors. How do you display your cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment