Monday 14 November 2016

Baking

     I had customers come into the store yesterday and tell me it's far too early for us to be playing Christmas Music. I giggled to myself thinking, If they only knew what I had been writing since September. I'm pleased to tell you, I am pretty well done decorating. There might be a couple more things I may do but the brunt is done, and I sit here under my Christmas blanket, by my tree typing this. As I said before, I'm not about to tell you when to decorate, but I'll tell you, in my neighborhood, it has all begun, I counted 3 other houses with lights on...mine aren't...yet.

     Getting way off topic there, because today's post isn't about decorating, it's about baking. I legitimately do not bake any other time of year, but Christmas. I'm a great cook, but not baker. However, my Santa Cookie Jar is watching me every time I walk by.


   At the very least right now should be when you're making the game plan. I know for a fact, I'm making the chex mix recipe my Aunt gave me. I've told her in the past she could make me a big bag of that for Christmas and that would be a perfect gift, I love the stuff. I also know I want to make my God mother's secret recipe that came with my big mixing bowl as a wedding gift. AND I either want to get the recipe or SUBTLY HINT ON MY BLOG TO MY MOTHER IN-LAW ABOUT EITHER HER GINGER COOKIES RECIPE OR HER MAKING THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE MY FAVORITE COOKIES EVER! I think that was subtle right?

    Anyway, gather together the recipes you want to make, and start scheduling when you can make them. Most cookies, also freeze well, so generally speaking, I have some go into Santa up there when I'm done, and I have a tin I like to put a chunk of the batch into (generally half) and keep for Christmas. The whole amount never makes it, but I have a nice variety to share after we look at lights Christmas Eve. While I'm saying plan now, you are totally able to start baking and freezing now. Also, keep an eye out for baking stuff because the big sales are coming up on baking supplies.

    Also remember to keep plugging away at that non perishable list we talked about in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment