Thursday 10 November 2016

I Just Put Up My Outside Lights


     Today, my husband and I put up our outside Christmas lights. I expect plenty of judgement to this point now, from those who think I’m disrespecting Remembrance Day. I fail to see how my decorations at my house prevent me from respecting, and appreciating what people have done and sacrificed so I can live in an amazing and free country, you better believe I will be holding that moment of silence in the highest regards tomorrow.

     Then there are those who tell me, “Wait until December 1st”. To that I say…no. There are multiple reasons why I start early. One is flat out convenience. By doing my lights now, I’m avoiding colder weather, and if I have the house done, I don’t have to worry about doing it all when I’m pulling long shifts and I’m exhausted. Another reason, I want to.

     If you haven’t figured out yet, by the last 2 months of posts, I kind of love Christmas. It’s in my blood, my mother was a Christmas nut, and at Christmas, I feel most connected to her, so I’m not about to apologize for extending that. I see so many people when they got older, became jaded by the negative side effects of the season. I get it the kids want a ton of toys, and the malls are packed. There is so much to do, and you’ve got it all jammed into a short period of time (unless you follow my blog). And let’s not forget, if you have ever worked in retail, you probably have a horror story or two. I’m lucky enough, I’ve held onto that childish love for the season and everything it holds. I seriously hope no one who reads my posts gets their joy out of raining on some one else’s parade, because if that’s the case, I feel sorry for you.

     I guess why I’m posting this is because I have actually seen a lot of traffic on my Christmas themed posts, so I know I’m reaching some people. When I’m reaching you with my posts of happiness and joy (because that’s what these are, getting prepared for what should be the happiest and most wonderful time of the year), I hope you’re walking away with a little more appreciation for the season than you came with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment