Friday 2 November 2018

Christmas Post #22, But FIRST!

     

       
      So there is without a doubt a Christmas related assignment today, but before I dive into it, let me start off by saying there is one more Holiday before Christmas. It doesn't take much effort or time, but is without a doubt a day we should ALL recognize, I mean of course Remembrance Day. It's only 9 days away, so while your out and about, pick yourself up a poppy, it is the very least you can do.

         Now when it comes to your Christmas assignment, it's a pretty fun assignment today, you need to gather your movies, music and books. I have a ridiculous amount of Christmas movies, so I need to get started on them early if I plan on seeing them all, and there are several I want to introduce Jake to. Music, I know I might have a cd or two (yes I use a cd player and everything), but I also need to decide if I want another play list, or maybe a kids specific one for Jake. I added books this year too because we read to Jake each night, so I would like to have Christmas themed books for him as well. Jake technically got his first Christmas gift last year, my uncle gave us a cd I had as a kid (yup cd), and a book of like 9 Christmas stories. I also have 2 myself. I know a lot of people also like doing a "Christmas story a day" if that is something you might be interested in. I might do it in a year or two I don't know, but I don't feel like Jake is old enough for it to be a big deal. I may even just get a new one each year, I'm totally okay with repeating some of them...or in my case all of them. The other thing too is you may want to schedule out certain stories. I know Twas the night before Christmas is a staple for Christmas eve, but I also recall my mom reading the nativity story to me. Whatever you feel fits best for your family, figure it out for you.

         K, Luv Ya, Bye!
         Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment