Saturday 24 November 2018

My baby girl

   

    I don't think I've done a post on our wonderful girl in a while, and over the last 8 months that's exactly what she's been. Alice was a rescue, and she came with some serious social issues. I'm not sure what happened to her before us, but something must've. She doesn't like most other dogs ( we've seen a couple of exceptions) and she is scared of new people. She tends to warm up quicker to women, she's terrified of new men, and kids. So we weren't sure how she was going to handle Jake. I could sum it up in one word, beautifully.

     Alice seemed to understand Jake needed space, and we needed her to understand that we were very busy, and she did. She would go and lay down when one of us was holding him, and try and sneak in some lovin when we weren't. Now that Jake is getting bigger, I tend to be more concerned about him with her over her with him. She is incredibly gentle with him, and gives him kisses when she can, and he absolutely loves it. He has shared his ball with her, and she's not rough with it like she is with her own. If she gets to him first when he's upset he stops crying and smiles at her, and she wags her tail.

      My fur baby is my human baby's best friend. We're teaching Jake to he gentle when he touches her, and he seems to be getting it. She is cautious to step back if he gets too excited though.

     I just needed to gush about my girl

     K, luv ya, bye!
   
     Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment