Monday 5 November 2018

Christmas Post # 23, Christmas Card List

     
         Can you believe we're roughly  at the halfway point of this series? A lot of our earlier posts were more setting the stage, preparing the home, or organizing. While you'll still get that in many posts, there will be a lot more of actually getting ready for Christmas itself in this half of the series, so lets jump into it.
I feel like the Christmas card is a dying tradition, and it sucks that it is. I enjoy sending and receiving the cards, and I include the ones we get in my decorating. It's not something I'm ready to give up on quite yet though. It's a little early to start sending so that's not today's assignment. Your assignment is to get your list together and update your addresses.
          Well really, that's part 1, part 2, decide on your cards. If you're some one who gets a card printed, you'll want to get on that like now. If you're some one who makes them...NOW. If you're some one like me who picks some pretty ones, I'm still placing it as part of the assignment. I was really bad last year, and was NOT prepared for when it came time to send our cards. As a result the night we sat down to do them Cale had to drive to the store and send me pics of the selection they had...it was annoying and stressful. That's why this year, I'm getting the cards early too.
         One last thing. In less than a week, we will be celebrating a frequently overlooked Holiday, which is seriously a shame. Remembrance day is our chance, and only for a moment each year to show the gratitude to people who fought, and in several cases gave their lives so we could live the lives we live. I'm not going to lie, sometimes times are tough, but at the end of the day if I look around, I know how truly blessed I am to have the life I have, and it didn't come for free. If you haven't gotten your poppy yet, please do, and don't forget to remember on the 11th.
         K, Luv ya, Bye!

         Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment