Wednesday 21 November 2018

Christmas Post #31, Black Friday Prep

         

         Black Friday is a VERY different experience for me this year. I work retail, and Canada has adopted Black Friday in a BIG way. Black Friday at work is something I both look forward to, and dread. It can be overwhelming, this is the dread. If you walk in with the right attitude though it can be a great day, and strengthen the bonds you have with your co-workers. This year however, I am on Maternity leave, but I plan to do something to brighten the day of my co-workers.

        If you plan to go out to the black friday mayhem I have some tips for you.

        #1, Go early. So here is the thing, you spotted the flyer with the fantastic price on that item you covet. Guess what, a LOT of people got that flyer. If you don't go until the afternoon, don't be surprised if the item is gone. The early bird gets the worm, or the massive discount.

       #2, Don't be in a rush. On Black Friday, it is VERY possible for employees to be outnumbered 10 to 1. Be prepared to wait. Make sure the associate knows you're waiting for them so someone doesn't jump in front of you, but wait politely, they'll be MUCH happier to help you.

       #3, Be Comfy. I have seen people stand in line for a LONG time on Black Friday, depending on what you're getting, you might be a while. I have seen people wear heels...um..ouch. Seriously if I were headed out, I would sport the yoga pants and running shoes...no joke.

      #4, Be prepared. I'm talking snacks, and water. You could be in one place or a while, or take a while going to all of your stops, you don't want to get hangry. Not to mention think of the lines to just get food or hydration, yeah, no thanks.

      #5, Have a plan, but be flexible. If you know what you're after specifically, it can make things much easier for you, believe it or not, an in and out trip IS possible on Black Friday. That being said, keep your eyes peeled. Maybe you're picking up a SMOKIN deal on a video game system for your kid, but spot an awesome deal on the fitbit you wanted to get your sister.

       Black Friday can be great if you know what you're doing. Now I will have 2 posts for Black Friday, this is your game plan one, the next one...well, you'll have to wait and see.

       K, Luv Ya, Bye!

       Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment