Monday 29 January 2018

Pregnancy Post #7, Productivity, or Lack There Of


              I  write this post, with little to no energy. I usually come into a blog post and I'm excited to share something, and I have like no drive right now. So I'm at a point where I'm always tired. As a result, working an 8 hour retail shift has become complicated. SO until my official Maternity Leave starts, I'm on sick leave. I have seriously mixed feelings about this. I really enjoy my job, my co-workers and my customers, I knew leaving would be rough, but I thought I had a little more time.

             Anyway, let's not get into downer mode. I had a slightly more productive day yesterday, but today...yeah, not so much. To make myself do anything, I kind of have a loose routine, that I have to mentally accept I can't always accomplish. I have been off work a week as of tomorrow, and it's been a lot of resting, but I'm getting restless, I want to get stuff done around my house. The other thing with this routine, is I have to keep in mind my timing for meds, and for testing my blood (if you haven't read previous posts, I have a kidney disease (the meds) and gestational diabetes (blood)).

             Another thing I have been doing is stocking up on food...sounds weird, I'm having a child...it's not the Zombie Apocalypse ( or any apocalypse, but for me, as a walking dead super fan, any future apocalypse is the "Zombie" apocalypse). But I see me having little to no time or energy to do much shopping or food prep. As a result, Costco hauls have become bigger. Large bags of frozen fruit, and veggies play a BIG role. Meat is also a go to, and Toiletries, I think they're mandatory. I realize I have Cale to help with everything, but I would also like to give him a chance to spend time with his son, or even rest because he plans to help me when we get up through the night...and then go to work the next day. I'd like to limit his trips too. Meanwhile I stocked up on some aluminum pans and foil, and when I cook, I make really large amounts and freeze them with a label and instructions. I have some pot pies, pasta bakes, stuffed peppers, etc. This is where most of my productivity lies, I'm kind of a prepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment