Monday 15 January 2018

Pregnancy post #4, Dressing the bump, part 1

          When I was younger, I did a lot of online window shopping. More than once I thought, hey, I'm gonna shop maternity wear, even though it was seriously years until I would ever wear any. I've got about 10 weeks left of pregnancy, and I have no idea how much more my body will change between now and the arrival of my little man. That being said, I haven't broken the bank either, but I'm well taken care of. Here is what I have done.

           First thing, shop what you got. I looked at clothes that had a little more give to them, yoga pants, stretchy or flowy tops. I'm still able to wear a lot of my PJ pants below my bump, and the only maternity tops I own, were purchased for me. I also remove anything that doesn't fit anymore. I don't want to dwell on the fact a top I really like doesn't fit, and I want to grab my clothes I do wear easily. Leaving the stuff that is too small was just a huge mess so I removed it as it ended it's usefulness. Another thing I've done? Snagged a thing or two from Cale. He has one sweater he never wore, that I'm absolutely in love with.  I've been able to stay non-maternity for a lot of my clothes. BUT there are exceptions. 

          I hit up kijiji very early in my pregnancy, and I kind of hit the jackpot. I started with a belly band, which a lot of people swear by....for me it was, okay...it was short lived, but thankfully I spent like $10 on it, so I just have it packed away with other clothes that don't work anymore. Speaking of work, I purchased 1 pair of maternity work pants. Again I didn't spend a lot, maybe $15. Truth be told, I hate them. BUT I needed them, and from what I hear, dress pants kind of suck in general in maternity wear. K, so here is the jackpot. I had intention of purchasing 1 pair of jeans. The woman selling them had such a hard time selling, she ended up handing me 5 pairs of jeans, and said, just take them.One pair didn't work, but I'm well equipped with jeans.

         
           On one hand, I wasn't terribly lucky with the selection the city I live in has for maternity options, there is like one. On the other hand, I have a mother in-law who was more than happy to pick me up a pair of leggings early on, and she had a little more fun while she was at it. She picked me up yoga pants and a couple of maternity tops too. The pants are basically what I live in, I love them. The tops were basic, which is what I've been going for my entire pregnancy. Complicating can get expensive.

           This post is one I decided to do as a two parter. What I've covered, is stuff that has worked well for me, most of my pregnancy. That being said, as I'm planning my hospital bag, and wondering what I'll wear after, I'm picking up a couple of other pieces. These are the things I've been doing lately, and will show up later today!

            K, LuvYa, Bye!
            Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment