Monday 15 January 2018

Pregnancy Post #4, Dressing the bump, Part 2

          Before I continue on with this post, I want to mention, I'm not likely to share how I wore the pieces I have, over my bump. There are a million and one pinterest pins out there showing how to dress the bump. Pre pregnancy, I was always curious about how to cloth myself, and still be able to afford stuff for my kid. This is why I wanted to do everything on a dime. These posts are more about how I have been able to do it all on a dime.


          Continuing on. I'm now in birthing classes, getting lists of things I might need to pack in my hospital bag, and am now less than a month from when my maternity leave starts. So at this point I'm thinking what I'm going to be needing for the hospital and soon after the arrival of my little guy. So my first concern in my head is nursing, and that skin to skin time. For this I turned to my friend Amanda. She mentioned, basic spaghetti strap tank tops...that basically everyone has. The stretch and the straps themselves make it super easy to just pop down to feed. I was into H&M and was actually looking at nursing ones today, that come in a two pack for $30. Considering the prices I HAVE seen for nursing tops, this is a steal. BUT I decided to check in the regular clothing area, where I was able to grab 2 long ones for about half the price.

            Now I DID purchase nursing bras. I knew there were going to be some body changes through pregnancy, but figured if I didn't need to go up a size or two in bras, I could always just use my front closure ones I already owned. Do you remember the movie Now and Then, when Roberta would tape down her boobs? Well I felt like that...but no tape, my actual bras did this. So I thought, since I need to go up a size, let's get practical here. While my local Walmart got rid of their maternity section, they do still carry nursing bras, and I got a couple ridiculously comfy ones on the cheap.

           Another concern for me was, what would I do if I have a C section? I haven't had a doctor tell me I'm having one, on the contrary, they have told me "you never know". But it's been in my head that I will have one. So I started to do my research, and while my leggings might be a great idea if I do, my jeans? Not so much. Mother in-law to the rescue once again. She popped out again to grab me a few more pairs, and said basically what I've been thinking, that I could very well live in these exclusively for a while. Beyond that I wanted some joggers. Just some super lazy, comfy pants I could put over my belly. We made another trip to Walmart and hit up the men's section. I found two pairs, on a dime, and as long as I have my top down over my bump, they look big, and not ridiculous. Bonus, they're the same size Cale wears, so he can have them later if I stop using them.

          At this point, I think I'm well equipped for my own personal wear when lil dude shows. I may not be glamorous, I might even be a bit frumpy. But I'm comfy, and practical...and for me, those trump glamour.


          K, Luv Ya, Bye!
          Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment