Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year

             
Happy New Year, welcome to 2018! I hope you had a fun/ safe night last night. So this post isn’t a productive post when it comes to anything with your Christmas stuff. It’s your chance to actually stop, and relax a little. However, I will be reflecting on this post.
Last January, I did a vlog. I think I did a total of two and that was the end of it, even though I said I would do more. Not sure I’m committing to that this year. I might throw the odd one in, and I may even slip a little on my posts (I sure did last year), but there is a lot more work to go into a vlog VS a blog, and my blog is something I enjoy, so we’re going to stick with just that for now.
Last year on this vlog, I shared my top 3 goals for 2017, and what I resolutions were. I wanted to share how I did.
#1 Cale and I wanted to start a Family. My goal was not to have a baby by the end of the year ( I felt that was an awfully short deadline), it was to be Pregnant by the end of 2017. Mission accomplished! A completed resolution! I am in my third trimester now, and waiting for my son to be born in March.
#2 Taking better care of myself, physically and emotionally. So emotionally, I’m generally in a good place. I chalk a lot of that up to being pregnant, I’m a pretty happy pregnant person. I have my moments, and hours where I worry about stuff in the middle of the night, but for the most part I’m in a great place. Taking better care of myself physically…I’ll take it as a small victory, because I have, but I really had no choice. My pregnancy has been considered “high risk” to me, not the baby (thankfully). This is due to my kidney disease. If I don’t get enough sleep, keep myself nourished properly, and make sure I have taken my meds, I have difficulty functioning. As far as moving more goes…I don’t count that as a win. So in the winter last year, and the spring too, I would do small things, but I did find a lot of excuses not to get in exercise. Then in June I found out I was pregnant, and soon after the nausea started. It continued into my second trimester until we got my meds figured out, then I was just tired, and in that time I went from a part-time employee to full time…so I’m walking more…at work. I might give myself a 50% on this resolution. Stuff was achieved, but wasn’t all because of my drive.

#3 Purging and organizing.  Ummm….my basement is a little better. So our storage room/workshop/laundry room, is in pretty good shape. The main part of the basement…has improved. We still intend to use the basement at some point, and hopefully soon. However we have some slightly higher priorities to work with, with our son first. So this resolution has made progress, but was not achieved as far as I’m concerned.

Resolutions this year? No, I don’t think so. Like I’ve mentioned, with our family growing, I have no idea what is about to happen. Getting pregnant before the end of 2018 is definitely a no. Taking care of myself, well soon after he’s born I’ll have no choice again. BUT it may take the back burner until I find my rhythm as a mother…or it could be part of my rhythm, who knows? Purging and organizing? I would love to get on top of this, but again, predicting this next year (or potentially several years coming) is going to prove to be a near impossible task, so instead I plan to go with the flow. Take it day by day, and try and achieve what I can. 
Another thing I mentioned last year that kind of fell through was what I plan to do with my blog going forward. I have some ideas. Before Jake is born, I plan to talk about pregnancy and things that I’ve done, and what I’ve learned. I checked out a lot of blogs and vlogs in the last year…probably too many, but I’m going to share my personal stuff on my blog hopefully. It may be fewer blog posts too, we’ll see. Beyond that, I do hope to get the odd Christmas planning one in, but again, who knows.

Thanks for reading this rather long post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment