Friday 2 February 2018

Pregnancy post #8, What I would do differently in a Second Pregnancy

        It's a snowed in kind of day, I thought it might be a good time to do a blog. The grey skies have made for a bit of a lazy day. Not to mention we got up early to go to the diabetic clinic this morning. I think I mentioned in a previous post, my kidney disease kind of fights with my gestational diabetes. Well as a follow up, my morning sugars have been high, so I officially take insulin...as of tonight.

       Something I have wanted to do for a blog post is what I would do differently in my pregnancy... to this point. While my pregnancy has been "high risk" I can say, I can't really complain, it hasn't been too bad. Were I looking down the barrel of #2, I think I know what I would do this time.

         One thing I would do is contact the clinic I was in in the beginning, and remind them I was a higher risk in my previous pregnancy, and I'm going to need to start upping meds, and getting regular blood work. I would also have my multi grain crackers I love now, and have them on hand for my stomach...because I 100% had morning sickness, and it was without a doubt the worst part of my pregnancy. I would also try other remedies for my stomach, and have myself on a regular schedule so I could work around it, earlier mornings, and evenings.

         Another thing I would start in the very first trimester, is treating myself like I'm diabetic again. In my second pregnancy, my odds of having gestational diabetes again, is higher. I know when I started paying attention to it (y'know because I was diagnosed) I felt so much better.

         I would also accept my limitations a lot better. I've been too stubborn with somethings, and pushed myself further than I should have. As a result I've been exhausted, on more than one occasion.

         These are the things I can think of that I would do differently in round 2...but let's get through round 1 first shall we?

         K, Luv Ya, Bye!
         Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment