Tuesday 27 February 2018

Pregnancy Post #15, Term

              As of today, I am Term. SO this is something I wasn't informed of prior to my pregnancy, apparently when you hit 37 weeks, you're term, and if I were to go into labour right now, I'm not considered premature. Before this, if I had, they likely would have tried to slow me down, now, it's all systems go. I'm bouncing around my living room on a ball, and apparently pineapple helps to start labour naturally...which is funny because pineapple played a role in trying to get pregnant. I'm trying to walk more, but my lower back can only handle it so long. Jake is still very active, and I'm getting the odd contraction (hello Braxton Hicks). I was getting one once in a while in the beginning, but now they're a little more severe and a couple a day.

             While nesting instinct is there, fatigue has been winning. I'm still trying to get stuff done, but it's not as much. But here is something interesting, apparently guys have a nesting period too. I had noticed Cale getting a LOT done around the house, just getting up and going to town. Usually when housework needs to be done we make a list (I am a list maker remember) and we delegate the jobs. Cale has been just doing stuff. I noticed this and THEN I found an article on nesting in men. I haven't said anything to him because if I do I'm scared it goes away. Cale knows I do a blog, but I don't think he reads it, so I'm safe.

              We have the hospital bags all set to go, they're sitting in Jake's room. I was going to do some posts on what we packed, I was doing them as vlogs actually, but things changed a couple times, so maybe I'll do that as a post after he is here. We also have everything either bought for him that was on our wishlist for him, or it's ordered and on it's way. The only thing we do not have that we had on our list is his high chair. I have it picked out, super basic,  but it's not a priority for several months.

               So I'll wrap this post up explaining what is going to be happening. My due date is March 20th, however I have gestational diabetes. So it's been made clear to me now, unless something drastically changes, my induction date is the 13th. So I'm hoping he will come on his own terms before, but if not, this serves as his official eviction notice. Jacob Douglas Scott Matheson, you have two weeks son. After that, we're coming for you kid.

             K, Luv Ya, Bye
             Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment