Friday 2 March 2018

Pregnancy Post #16, A Relaxing Weekend

         Yesterday was an interesting day for sure. Thursday mornings, I now go to the fetal assessment unit in the hospital and they check the baby's heart rate and they do an ultrasound. When they do the ultrasound they measure my amniotic fluid. It's always been in the low normal range. Between that and a discussion the nurse and I had, she wasn't sure if perhaps my water had broken. So I had my third trip to Labour and Delivery where they eventually concluded, no, my water was not broken, or leaking or anything. I laughed though, because my Brother in-law was born on my Mother in-law's Birthday...yesterday was my Father in-law's Birthday. I was sitting in the room waiting for the tests laughing, there is no way he is ACTUALLY going to be born today right? Anyway, they talked to me about things to REALLY watch for in the next 12 days (now 11), and said do not hesitate to come back if I need to, better safe than sorry.

           Now, let me stress, there are definitely points where I am OVER being pregnant, and just want this kid out of me. However, yesterday was a little bit of a wake up call. Today we got his mattress into his crib, bought some food for Scott while he stays with Alice when we're in the hospital, and I'm realizing just how hard going out and even being productive around the house is getting for me. Between waking up a LOT at night and increasing pressure, which gets worse at night, I'm getting limited to maybe an hour of up and about, if I'm lucky, and if there is a bathroom near by. I got limited a WHILE back, that's why I had to stop working when I did, but this is a WHOLE new level. The resounding chorus of people telling me to slow down, and take time to relax while I still can has been heard, but not really acknowledged, until today. So my BIG plan this weekend is to relax. When I told Cale this, his exact words were, "Holy Crap, you're actually going to listen to me"? Yes, I am going to relax this weekend. I plan to sleep in tomorrow, have a leisurely breakfast...considering I have meds to take and have been diabetic for the last several months, I hope I remember what that is. I plan to lounge, and read, and do NO house work at all. I will do a little pampering, take a long shower and just take the day as it comes. The plan is to do this without guilt from a lack of productivity (wish me luck). If I remember how, I plan to relax...because it might be a while before I can again.

   
This Weekend's Reading Selection 

          K, Luv Ya, Bye
          Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment