Saturday 24 March 2018

Mama Post #2, Two weeks old

         
          Jake is two weeks old, and I keep saying, where has the two weeks gone? Which is funny, because I've been awake for a lot of these two weeks. I knew there would be a lot less sleep, but I'm not sure I was physically ready. What's more, I think my nesting phase may have made this part harder on me. I am used to there being order and cleanliness more than I ever had been. The first week or so, I was trying to keep up, and to an extent succeeding, but either way something had to give. I was way more exhausted. Yes I'm still tired, but not like I was. Thank god for the help we've had. 

         So last week, we had an appointment to follow up our going home from the hospital. We got readmitted so Jake could be put under the lights due to Jaundice. This was just another thing to mess with my already hormonal emotions...yes I'm aware it's common, but it still messed with me. This also has been a hindrance to breast feeding him. We're still fighting for that one. So let's do the math, lack of sleep (I have never been able to function on little sleep) + stuck in my house + my house getting messy + jaundice+ having trouble breast feeding...I was having a hard time. Thank GOD for our company who has come by. 

         Last weekend Uncle Peter and Aunt Elanna came by and while dad and I were doing our routine of feeding, changing, burping, pumping etc, they tidied my living areas and I felt like I could breath again. Then On Wednesday Gramma showed up. While we're trying to get in as many cuddle sessions as possible, dad and I have been working at our routine, and we're doing really good. Gramma has been that extra set of hands, if bottles need to be cleaned, or laundry needs to be done, or we need to twist her rubber arm to cuddle him while we get stuff done. But she has also done SO much more of my cleaning, and has been cooking. Cale went back to work today, and everyone is still sane! Gramma is sitting here with her lexicons, while I do my blog. Jake is napping and making enough noise every so often I think my blog post is over, so we're going to cut this short.

        Let me stress that we knew that this would be hard, not sure we were ready for this hard, but we have great people around us. And let me stress, I just spoke about the people who have cleaned our house. There are a lot of people who have been helping us emotionally with a text message here and there. Let me say that if I haven't responded,or messaged you, it's not that I don't want to, I'm trying to sleep. LOL

        K, Luv ya, Bye!

         -Nancy 

1 comment:

  1. Just relax and enjoy this time Nancy! He’s beautiful! You’ll get your energy back and will embrace the wonderful years ahead. It’s fun, exhausting, frustrating, loving, heartbreaking, lovely, and beautiful all rolled into one wonderful life ahead!
    Congratulations!!
    Jocelyn (Gill’s Mom)

    ReplyDelete