Sunday 4 March 2018

Pregnancy Post #17, How we made it Work

       As we sit here 9 days away from being induced, I have looked back at how long this process has actually taken. I'm not talking about the 9 months I have had this person growing in me, I'm thinking about the 2 years that we were trying. Yes, 2 years...okay it was one month short of that. I feel like the next thing I'm going to say, may not be terribly popular, but here it is. I'm going to say what I wanted to say to everyone in the two year process who ever said, "When are you going to have one", "Oh do you guys want one", or worst of all, "You're running out of time". Shut up, and mind your damn business. These things were said to me all the time, as month after month I had negative tests. Thank you so much for rubbing that in, and making me feel like I'm a huge failure, because that was super helpful. I say this now on behalf of those who are still getting this, because I know of friends of mine, who are still getting this. I also want to add, because every time I've ever talked to some one about this, they assume my Mother in-law was part of this group that pushed. Let me stress, she was NEVER this person. That's right, she didn't push at all, and let me stress, this is her first grandchild. She was actually the opposite, she would (a lot nicer than I just did), tell people to back off. So shout out to Bev for that!

        Okay, so that was therapeutic, let's get to the more positive theme of this post. We got there, and we're almost on the other side. I will mention now, we also had people who were supportive through this process too, one friend started me onto the what to expect when you're expecting site, and I joined the trying to conceive group. This was a double edged sword. In some cases, this was helpful to know I wasn't alone, and see what others were doing. On the other hand, I spent days wasting away on this board, and coming up with new things I wanted to try and excitedly telling Cale.

        Temping is a typical practice when you're trying, and I did it, but give no credit to it in my process at all. I had such an irregular cycle, I wanted to be able to use an ovulation test, luckily I found some super basic ones that cost a fraction of what they cost at the drugstore...which was good because I was using them four times as much. I give credit to these, they played a role in everything, and what's more in the discovery. The BIGGEST thing I give credit to is when one day, on the TTC board, some one told me to go to Youtube, and check out Natural Fertility Info. I watched their videos, religiously, did my research to see what would fit best for my situation and implemented a daily  routine, and eventually a couple supplements. I avoided supplements for a while, just in fear it might mess with something, and make it harder to get pregnant. It didn't. Instead I had long stint of positive ovulation tests...longer than I should have. That's when it happened, I took a pregnancy test, and FINALLY got my positive.

          I was prompted to finally do this post because I went to Natural Fertility Info's website today, and found my thank you letter to them. If you want to see it, check it out here. I'm one of the posts there...the one that is signed Nancy.

          This is a long post, and honestly could have been a LOT longer, because this info basically covered 4-5 months in the journey, not the whole 2 years. But these are kind of the highlights.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I tried for 7 years only to get pregnant and have an ectopic pregnancy and almost die on the table during surgery. We tried again for another year and 4 months when I did get pregnant. Despite only having 1 tube and 1 ovary, I did it! She turned 2 in October and her brother was just born 2 days ago. Never give up and never let them get to you! Congratulations in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, and thanks for commenting. I only did 2 years, and I think my biggest fear in that first trimester was losing him, I didn't think I could take it. I really don't know how you did it. You're warrior!

    ReplyDelete