Monday 22 October 2018

Christmas Post #17, Plan Decorations

     
  In my last post, I asked you to inventory your decorations, that was all in preparation for you to plan your decorating with this post. There are multiple approaches to this, one is ridged, having everything mapped out completely. This approach was exceptionally helpful last year, when I basically unpacked and told Cale where everything went, because I couldn't stretch or climb too much. However this year I'm going in with more of a basic idea, and totally prepared to be flexible. The reason being, We're just starting to use our basement this year, and there will be decorating happening there for the first time. Usually my house kind of looks like Christmas blew up...there is SOME organization, but it's a LOT of stuff. This year things will be more spread out...and I'm still not sure how I feel about that yet.

         Here is something else I decided to do too. Usually I go through the list of decorations and tick them off as I figure out a home for them. This year, I looked around my room and tried to figure out how I would like it to be decorated. While I kept my decorations I have in mind, I didn't chain myself to them. Instead I came up with my idea first and THEN figured out what I have already that would work there. I feel like it's going to give a little more method to my madness.

         In this process it's also good to consider how you will hang things or display things and if you need to pick anything up, like a wreath hanger, or push pins or something like that. I find it SUPER annoying when I'm decorating to realize I'm out of something...rather already be set.


         K, Luv Ya, Bye!

         Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment