Friday 19 October 2018

Christmas Post #16, Inventory Decorations

     
       
         This is easily, and typically one of my FAVORITE assignments.  I love going through everything, and was excited to do this with Jake sitting in awe of all of our decorations...and it was like that... for 5 min...then there was a lot of him shouting, and throwing stuff we handed him, Cale tripping over the dog trying to get to whatever it was Jake threw, me looking for something new to occupy him with...it was kind of a mess. We got that one good pic though. I recommend doing this without the kids as a result...maybe when they're older. I had this beautiful peaceful and sweet image in my mind...nope...not quite.

         Okay, that's the sentimentality of this post, the actual chore. You're going to want to go through all of your decorations and make a list of what you have. Go through all the boxes and go into a little more detail on the items, so you don't get them mixed up. Think of other things that you might be able to use to decorate, like a plaid blanket or scarf. And don't forget those items that aren't packed away with the rest, like maybe bedding or dishes. Check lights, see what you may need, and garlands and ribbons so you know what you're working with. Don't forget to count hooks, tacks, hangers, things you may need to replenish.

         When I do this, I break the list into things I hang, things that need a surface, and other. Breaking it down can help me figure out what goes where later.

         While this practice is helpful for decorating, it's also good for downsizing. Let's be honest, most of us look at all of our decorations and think, wow, I have way too much. You'll be able to see things you don't need and get them gone now. I however am just starting to use another part of my house for the very first time this year, so nothing is going away before Christmas for us this year.

        K, Luv Ya, Bye!

        Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment