Friday 13 July 2018

Unswaddled

       

         Because of my natural love of learning, I honestly feel like I have learned as much from my personal research as I did when I was in School. That being said there was one thing I knew NOTHING about before I had Jake, and that's the startle reflex...apparently babies have a feeling that they're falling when their born. This made for a couple of sleepless nights in the beginning, until our friend saved us (thank you Carina), and gave us the Halo swaddle. With the help of the swaddle, we have had some blissfully sleep filled nights. I won't say he NEVER wakes up, but it's beyond under control. The thing is, when your baby is starting to roll over, you can't keep those little arms pulled down. Welp, as I watched little man on his first nap today, guess who was nearly flat on his face. I realized we were getting close, because while he's on his back he's wiggling around enough to be up against the side of the pack n play in the morning. SO, the nap he's into now, is the first time he has had his arms out since one of his first nights home.

          The upside? According to my research, we're about at the age when the startle reflex is supposed to wrap up, here's hoping. Little man is growing up so fast! Wish us luck tonight.


        K, Luv ya, Bye!

        Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment