Thursday 19 July 2018

One Year Ago

          One year ago today, my life changed forever. This post might give you the odd "tmi" moment, but here it is.

          One year ago today, I had just gotten a new order of ovulation strips (yup, right off the bat). My cycle was so all over the map, I couldn't use a kit, I couldn't time it right, not to mention, have you seen the price of those kits?! Nope I found a place online that sold just basic strips, something like 50 for $30. I had just gotten into my second order of them, and I was getting really frustrated. I had been using these daily some times twice daily for a while, that along with my EVERY morning routine, and EVERY night routine, the supplements, the dietary restrictions I had put on myself, the specific products I would use.

          Here I was, TRYING to time out my ovulation but I had been getting about a weeks worth of positive strips...I was wondering should I be concerned? Or did I have faulty strips? So I took to my typical place, on the what to expect when you're expecting, trying to conceive message board. I explained what happened and waited. Honestly from my experience now, that is the board with the fastest response time. Finally some one replied, and told me to take a pregnancy test. I had easily taken 50+ tests to date, and had seen more negatives than I would care to...so I was pretty jaded when it came to tests at this point, I never let myself get excited...especially since I had it written on the calendar a week later to take one. So I hit up my dollar store stash because lets face it, when you're testing THAT much, you only have the pricier ones if you think you got a positive. I sat on my bathroom floor, prepared to take a picture of the test, and post it with the title "Line eyes" on the message board, and hold my breath until some one replied. I really didn't need to, the line was very clear. Well cheapy passed, let's get out a good one, positive. Finally I grabbed the digital one, YES.

           Cale was waiting in the living room, to start the movie, Dr. Strange, no idea what I was doing. I snuck into our bedroom, and grabbed the box that I had prepared 4 months ago, to tell him, he was going to be a dad. I knew I wouldn't be able to wait to tell him, so I had this ready. If you ask him he will always tell you his reaction was because my timing was awful. Cale said, "are you serious" I told him, I couldn't fake a positive. "Cool, are we going to watch the movie now"?



          Yup, one year ago today, I found out I was going to be a mom. No idea if I would have a boy or girl (eventually I got the feeling, and I was right), no idea what the name would be, and DEFINITELY no sweet clue what he (or she..at the time) would look like. Today, I sit here typing this, tired after another wonderful day of giggles and smiles, cries and coos, listening to the music playing on the baby monitor.

         K, Luv Ya, Bye

          Nancy

       

No comments:

Post a Comment