Thursday 12 July 2018

Getting Jake's Room Ready...again

         
           
           Back during my pregnancy, I assumed that I would need to get more for Jake's room, and didn't intend to have it completely prepared. We had the main stuff, but I knew there would be stuff later and I wouldn't know for sure what it was or how it would work in the room. Well here we are. Jake is 4 months old, and one of the things they tell you is to have your baby sleep in your room to avoid SIDS. Well we've done that, and will continue for another 2 months. That being said, We're about where I wanted to be when he started napping in his crib. We kind of need to as well I'm seeing that now. Jake sleeps really well in a DARK room, and I have done as much as I actually can in our room, but during the day, the sun glares into our room, Jake's room is on the other side of the house, so there is that too. So here is what we're working at.

         #1, Blackout the window. I have darkening shades already, so I just need to get the rod and put it up.

         #2, A bookshelf. Needs to be narrow enough to fit between the door and the closet, be a decent size, but not TOO tall. I found what I was looking for at Home Depot. It's 4 shelves, so decent storage for his books and stuff. Not too tall so I can put the sound machine on top and use the light projector still. 

         # 3, Figure out how to set up the monitor. I have a video monitor, as do a LOT of my friends, but they all seemed to have a smaller model that looked easier to mount...my tendency is to look for something harder than it is, and that's what I did again...because that was easy. All I need to do is tap a nail into the wall, the monitor has a hanging hole in the bottom. 

         #4, Hang the stuff on his wall...pretty self explanatory.

        We have a couple other projects on the go too, but this one is priority #1. In the mean time, we've also been FINALLY getting around to sorting out the basement, and have a yard sale day set for our deadline. Then project #3...but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

        K, Luv Ya, Bye

       Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment