Friday 20 July 2018

Post 200

       

         I have officially hit 200 posts on this blog. Back when I started it, I had been sitting in the radio studio, stewing that they were after me to write a new blog post. The thing was, I really didn't want to. When I went on air, I had to think, will my listeners care about this? When I started my old blog, I started it for ME, and had been encouraged to use it and have my listeners read it, but it really stopped being mine, because they asked me to write about celebrity crap, honestly stuff I couldn't give two craps about. SO that blog died...which was unfortunate because it was also home to my anti-bully blog series, which I VERY MUCH cared about. So I started this blog, I called it Unclouded Spirit because I was trying to eliminate a lot of negativity from my life, and believe me, back then there was A LOT. I wanted to write for me, about things I cared about, stuff that my "listeners wouldn't care about". It's funny that was said because I post this blog on what was my radio fan page, and I get traffic from former listeners...maybe they do care...

          Anyway, lets get off the darker origins of my blog and onto the positive and often therapeutic place it is for me today. I wanted to talk about products and self care things I did or used when I started,but often found myself wondering, who actually cares what I'm posting (see that negativity found it's way in). I left the blog stagnant for a while, because I thought my opinions didn't matter to anyone but me, and who did I think I was posting like this? Then one September day, when I would typically start all my Christmas planning, I decided to do it all with my blog too. Because who did I think I was? Nancy Freakin Matheson, the Christmas FREAK. And if people didn't want to read, they didn't have to, I was going to do this because I wanted to. After Christmas, the blog went quiet again, because that was really all I thought I had to offer. There was the odd post between those two Christmases (is that the plural for Christmas?), but nothing substantial. I did take what I learned from the first year, polished it up and made for a better one in the second year (year three is getting more polished again, and a little more about kids).

        REALLY regular posts have become a thing for me, more in the last  months or so. Through my pregnancy, I found myself CONSTANTLY looking up stuff about others pregnancy's, mom hacks, things they never thought of for this and that, all these posts. If I agreed with them or not, I was interested, because I like to learn things, even if they're people's opinions, and come up with my own take. This is when I thought, hey, I should do some pregnancy blog posts. That being said, the majority of my pregnancy was during my Christmas posts that I was already pumping out 3 times a week, so I waited until I was done those. Then I posted, and I found them therapeutic. So after Jake was born, there was a gap, but I started mom posts, even though I thought I was doing EVERYTHING wrong, and I was the worlds WORST mom (some times I still feel like that), I was doing it for me. Not to mention I had an epiphany, the blogs I liked ready, or the vlogs I liked watching, the moms weren't trying to appear perfect. In fact, I wouldn't even get all the way through the ones that did try to give that vibe. Which gave me a greater epiphany, I don't need to give off the illusion of perfection for my blog. Guess what, there is an imperfect human typing this post right now...as a matter of fact a person who thinks she might be messed up a little, but it's okay, it's all okay.

        It took me a long time to get to 200 posts...I don't expect the next 200 will take as long...

        K, Luv Ya, Bye

        Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment