Sunday 29 July 2018

The Great Skunking of 2018

         
         
         Thanks for tuning stopping by, and hearing the story of the great skunking of 2018...yup, you read that right...skunking. So, Friday night, as I was doing a feed with Jake, Cale took Alice out, and all I heard was him shout, ALICE, GET BACK HERE! Well this post isn't called the NEAR skunking of 2018, so guess what happened. Well it was dark, late, and we had no option, Alice HAD to come in the house. As a result, our house got skunked too, and we're currently in the midst of let's say repair.

         Let me start by saying, there are a couple positives here.

#1, Alice is ok. When your dog gets skunked, you are online reading a LOT of crap, and it could have been MUCH more serious. If it had gotten her really bad in her eyes, or her mouth, or just in general, it would have had to be a trip to the vet. That stuff can be toxic to dogs, and burn them, and it COULD have had rabies, so the trip COULD have been one way. Alice has been pretty upset with us in the last 24 hours, because she hates baths, and has had SEVERAL, and been confined, which can get her very anxious too (a bad situation in her past I expect).

#2, Cale is on Vacation...I suppose it depends on who you talk to about that one, but I would be going crazy if he weren't here helping, either with cleaning or with Jake.

#3 We're doing a MASSIVE clean because we have no choice. I'm happy things are getting this clean, and odds are we would be sitting around watching netflix if we didn't HAVE to wash literally our whole house.

        I haven't cleaned like this since I was nesting, I'm just physically more capable than I was then.

        K, Luv Ya, Bye

         Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment