Sunday 1 July 2018

Holy crap! I'm Human!

         
I'm starting to function as a person again. That sounds like such a weird thing and perhaps should have happened sooner, but here I am. Up until recently my day has SIMPLY revolved around Jake, and I didn't include anything else in my day, when Jake slept, I became a lump. I credit this to the fact that we took a while to nail feeding, and sleeping, and I've been enjoying that being successful now for a bit...so I needed to become human again. Becoming human to me, is being productive.

         Being productive had become lost on me through most of my pregnancy. I really had a hard time functioning outside of work, when I stopped working and went on leave, that's when I became productive again, and of course that was short lived because, well, Jake was born. I attempted to be productive in the beginning, Jake slept A LOT, but then I was still in recovery so it took a lot out of me. Jake now feeds well, sleeps well and I don't need to be a lump anymore.

        I tend to be a list maker, and have things well laid out to motivate me. The issue being, you can't make a strict schedule with a baby. So instead of a daily routine with rigid times, I broke my day down to cycles. IE, wake/feed, my breakfast and get dressed, play time, and nap. That's the first cycle of the day, I don't stick to ridged times, but know what things I need to do at specific points of the day.

       I like this because I am not simply Jake's mom (though I LOVE that I am), I am a person again. It sounds weird to say for such a small thing, but it's been liberating.

K, Luv Ya, Bye

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment