Friday 17 November 2017

Putting up the Tree

                After the last 2 posts, you probably assume this post will be about putting up the Christmas Tree, you would be right.
                I’ve been over why we go early, and what my feelings are on this. That was in my post about the outside lights. If you want to read it feel free, but I’m not writing it again.
                Today we’re talking about hauling out the tree and getting that started. Now if you get a real tree, you may have no choice and HAVE to wait. I on the other hand do not. This year I had a couple more must haves though.
                Sometimes artificial trees…really look artificial. So this year, I have some green garland, that I added more lights to, and once the tree is assembled, we’re going to put this around the “trunk” (can we call it that? Around the pole?) to give it more fullness.
                You’ll also want to pick up some of those hooks too in case you need them, or you can’t find the ones you bought last year.
                In our house, the TV is only on if there is a Christmas special on when we’re putting up the tree, otherwise, it’s Christmas music.
                This is another one where once it’s done, we turn out the lights, make that the only one, and have hot chocolate and cookies, and watch a special…after.

                Well our tree is up, Christmas is here in the Matheson House

No comments:

Post a Comment