Wednesday 15 November 2017

Decorating house

                In my last post, we started talking about decorating, and why we start now, and how this part isn’t for everyone. I’m not going to go through all of that again, so if you want to check it out, please do so. I also talked about how we break decorating down into 3 parts. Here is number 2.

                Now we’re decorating inside, excluding the tree (guess what #3 is). In older posts, when we were talking about inventory of decorations, and planning the decorating. I feel like this planning is utilized the most in this part. The other thing to remember as you do this is have some stuff to hang your stuff up with. I use 3m strips so I usually have a multi pack of them, and make sure I have that all set to go. There are a few we us thumb tacks and push pins for.
On our last post, I mentioned that we like to have hot chocolate after the lights. For this one, we usually like to have something special after, like a pot of soup, or something to snack on as we go. Decorating is an event in our house. With food, and movies, and all things to get us in the spirit. We also like to take our time because opening these decorations can be a flood of memories too. I also want to savour this year too. As excited as we are that this is our last year without a little one in the house for Christmas, it’s our last year without a little one in the house for Christmas. While I’m not sure I’ll miss it, like ever, I want to remember this Christmas too.

                Decorating inside, that’s the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment