Sunday 27 January 2019

Book Report #1 Lena Dunham's, Not that Kind of Girl

       
  I decided when I finished my books I would do a book report here on my blog. Prior to going out and purchasing new additions to my library, I had a look at what I already owned and had committed to reading. So the first book was Lena Dunham's not that kind of girl, and I should have read it when I bought it. It's the kind of book I would recommend to a 22 year old who goes out on the weekends, not so much a 32 year old whose idea of a great Saturday night includes pajamas. The book was well written, I enjoy the way Lena Dunham speaks, and would love to read a book she would write now, but some of the stuff I had to wade through, made me not miss being in my 20's at all.

         That being said there were topics brought up, that in today's post Harvey Weinstein scandal society, that would probably not have been treated so casually, and some things celebrated more.

         I found the chapters on sexual discovery vulgar, and cringed realizing how old I've gotten, because that 22 year old inside me would have gobbled it up and not batted an eye.

          My verdict, as the box progressed and our narrator grew, I felt more at home, less like I was watching a somewhat cautionary tale. I wouldn't recommend this to my friend down the street, but maybe to her younger cousin fresh out of high school.

        K, Luv Ya, Bye!

        Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment