Friday 4 January 2019

After Christmas finds

          
A lot of stores are still trying to clear out of their holiday items, and if you haven't already checked out some of the sales, I so recommend it. We've gotten a few things  and honestly I was shocked when I went into Michael's today at how much out local store has left!
          Let's go back a couple days. We do a lot of our grocery shopping at Walmart  because we get Cale's discount, and I know how easy it is to price match there. Since about October every trip has included a stop in the seasonal department, and our last trip was no exception, the biggest difference was there were about a bajillion Easter egg coloured totes (sorry folks the white stuff has only just begun). We found a tree for $10. Needless to say it has no bells and whistles, and is 4.5ft, but it was what we needed. Having moved into the basement this year, Cale missed a tree in our livingroom window. We had a 2ft tree I had since I was 6 (it owes  me nothing), but next year we can put our 4.5 footer on the table in the window.
          Today, it was Michael's  who have their items 70% off. I love their decorations, but unless I could think of where to put them I wasn't interested.
         My advice at this point in the game, go out with realistic expectations, and be practical. I've seen boots for years, I guess you would call a planter or vase, artificial poinsettias and pics I like to pull apart and use as accents. Now is also a great time to grab lights and garland should you need them. I also spotted the hooks we usually use for hanging the  lights on the house and they were $2...

No comments:

Post a Comment