Wednesday 5 December 2018

Christmas Post # 37, Holiday Baking

   
    Baking, it's not a strong point for me. I can follow a recipe, so I'm good, but there is a chemistry required for baking while cooking, if you know the flavor you're going for you can generally achieve it.
 
          I generally bake once a year, and this is that time. We gathered the recipes a while back and now is the time to bring them to life. I like to get the baking done early, because it's done, and you can enjoy cookies for the next 20 days, but also because if some one pops in on you unannounced over Christmas for a coffee or something, you have cookies if nothing else. One thing I generally do too is freeze a good portion of them. If I left cookies out as a free for all, Cale would probably have them gone before Christmas. So I pack some away and freeze them for Christmas, and any specific occasions I might want them for.

         For some Christmas baking is the highlight for them every season, it's your time to shine!

        K, Luv Ya, Bye!

        Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment