Monday 23 October 2017

Planning Decorations



             Now that we have officially inventoried what we have for Christmas décor, it’s time to figure out what goes where, and actually plan our Christmas decorating. As a huge Christmas nut, I love this part, because while people may look at me funny for decorating this early, I can absolutely plan my decorations. Last year this was a MUCH bigger deal to me too, because it was my first Christmas in my first house. This year, don’t get me wrong, I’m excited, but I have an idea where I like things now. I still have pics from last year (We’ll cover this in a MUCH later post).

                If you have lot of decorations and like putting them all out every year, you decorate like me. Last post I talked about breaking the inventory list into categories. Mine are usually things that go on the wall, things that go on surfaces, light, stuff for the tree, stuff for the kitchen, things like that.  I also look around the room and figure out what surfaces or wall spaces I’ll have open. It becomes a big project, but having this mapped out, can make actual decorating easier. I also break my decorating down into 3 parts too, to make it easier (we’ll talk about that in future posts too).

                Now, that’s all well and good if you want your house overrun with Christmas but what if you’re some one who likes to keep it simple. I learned this one from 101 days to Christmas, there are really 3 spots to focus on when it comes to simplicity. Your door, A focal point in your main living area, and the tree. If you want simplicity, that’s as simple as it gets.

                I expect most people will fall somewhere in between these two spectrums as far a decorating goes, but both ends have their helpful tips to simplify for you when the time comes to get set.

                K, Luv Ya, Bye!
                Nancy, Cale and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment