Monday 2 October 2017

Making Gifts

               
                Making gifts can be super special. One gift I will never forget, is a gift my brother made me one year. When we were little, our mom had a vhs of a bunch of holiday specials she’d recorded us, and every year we watched it. My brother found files of them and made me a collection of them on DVD. This is still a big deal to me, and one of the very first to be used at our house every year. It’s still super special to me, highlighting how special it can be to make some one a gift. Look at your personal talents, and take it from there.

                I make at least one gift every year, and I’m working on it already this year. I’m pretty excited about this post this year. Last year, I made gifts for a few people, and I couldn’t share them. Needless to say, I’m not sharing what I’m working on this year, but last year, I painted ceramic trees for family members. Most of my family had these, and my mom made a couple of them, so I thought it was special for me to make them. I made one for my Uncle who always wanted one, and my in-laws who are now my family, so I included them in the tradition.

                Making a gift can take longer though, that’s why you need to get on this one now. You don’t want to rush to find all the supplies you need, or worse, it all falls through. Get on it now, so you’ve got it ready to go.

One of my favorite of those kids Christmas specials is Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I may have even mentioned this last year, but there is a quote at the end of the movie that I always think of when I’m making gifts. “What if we all learned to give like Santa, with our hearts, with our Talents”. This is why making gifts is such a big deal to me.

K, Luv Ya, Bye

Nancy, Cale and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment