Friday 20 October 2017

Christmas Decoration Inventory

            While some may not enjoy this next one, I LOVE this part, and let me tell you, I’m glad we handled organizing the basement, with Fall cleaning. This is where you inventory your Christmas décor.
So this is exactly what it sounds like. You’re going through your décor, and taking note of everything that you have. This helps to figure out if you need anything new this year, and when we get to it, where everything will go. In my house, we decorate early, because we like to, and we work in retail. This post isn’t about planning how to decorate this year, it’s a step towards it to help you figure out what’s going where. If you do nothing else early, I do recommend the outside lights. I’m feeling a bit of a chill in the air now, so I don’t really have a desire to be out setting up lights in the snow. We usually do this soon after Remembrance day.

To make it really easy later I also break it into different categories, like thinks that go on surfaces, walls, lights, for the tree etc. Makes it easier to have your decorations planed, and a lot less stressful when you do haul them all out.

Here is why I love going through all of these totes and boxes. I think all our decorations hold a special memory, and seeing each one, makes me smile. Sappy I know, but there it is.

K, Luv Ya, Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment