Wednesday 14 December 2016

What to expect Next Year and a Quick note

     Let me start this post off by saying, if you have things that need to be sent, your deadline is here! do it like yesterday, because it's going to be cutting it close now. 


     So here is what this post is all about, me being open and honest, and as we sit here 11 days from Christmas (yes that's it), I think I have figured out how I want to do this blog next year. When I started in September, I mentioned this year was a trial run, and I would find my own style and decide if I want to do it again next year. I also made reference to 101 Days to Christmas Which honestly has been my guiding light through the process. So very quickly, yes I do plan to do this blog again next year. What I don't plan on doing is worrying so much about what others think when I'm posting. 

     It may not have seemed like I was terribly worried, but the reality is, I was. I like to do stuff early, like REALLY early. But this year I was concerned some people might think I was doing stuff TOO early, and so I procrastinated on a lot of stuff, so I was on par with my blog. As a result, I'm actually behind where I typically am, and this blog series is supposed to help reduce stress...it has actually caused some for me.  Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed it, but I will be doing it differently for next year. How?

1. I will be having at least one Christmas post a month, starting in January. Here is the score, I shop all year for gifts for people, and it typically serves me VERY well. With us buying a house this year, and moving and all the trips in the summer, I was way behind, so there will be monthly progress reports. 

2. There will be posts RIGHT after Christmas to get things started. I hit up clearance Sales, I'll be reassessing, this will be coming up, consider it like a 12 days of Christmas thing (if you know the story of the 12 days of Christmas this reference makes more sense)

3. Next year will be more strict, and much earlier. So here's the score, my holiday baking this year was my biggest casualty. I have bakes chocolate chip, and they came from a tube. Things will be done early so that at this point next year, we will be mostly just cleaning, and doing little fun touches. I will be setting early deadlines

4. It's going to be less about me advising you, and more a guide of what I'm getting done. So clearly as I've been doing this, I haven't necessarily been taking my own advice along the way. Next year instead of me saying, get this done it's going to be more, here is what I did. 

5. I seriously want more pictures. The last step is going to make that way easier, because I can snap it when I've done it. 

Ok, Love ya, Bye!

-Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment