Sunday 4 December 2016

How Goes the Battle?

      So last week was of course the week of Black Friday, and I'll be honest, as some one who works in retail, it all went by in a blur. I mean, I kind of realized an hour ago Walking Dead is on tonight... To put this into perspective, if you told me I could only watch one tv show for the rest of my life, it would be a crazy easy decision, Walking Dead, every time... I have a ritual, I have my must haves for EVERY episode...but I digress. My point is, I didn't realize how much time had passed since I was talking about how I lost 5lbs. 

     So I have made some drastic progress, and I'm not talking about on the scale. I did lose another 2lbs, but more than that happened. I find it funny, for so long I've been looking on Pinterest for inspiration to get myself moving. Honestly, I've gotten used to meal prep and it's great, it's made things so much easier, when it comes to making healthier choices, and just convenience in general. However I can be uber lazy, so me getting off my ass to actually move, that's the hard part. I kind of love when you find inspiration when you're NOT looking for it. 


     I stumbled upon a page on Facebook actually, Wellness with Nicole Beers. What makes this different? Nicole is from Moncton, and the local aspect definitely plays a role for me, it also makes her more of a real person to me. I also reached out to her and asked her if it would be cool if I mentioned and linked her page on my blog. She was quick to respond and enthusiastic about me sharing and being motivated by her page.  I wish I could find her post on her page that really got me moving. What I'm going for here is making myself move more, and I want it to become a habit. She pointed out building a habit takes time, and that you should start out small, like instead of a 30 minutes work out, make it 10. Sounds SO simple, but not something I had ever thought about. In my mind, devoting 10 minutes a day to getting moving is not much to ask. Plus the shape I'm actually in, I need to start small. 

     As a result, I've been moving, daily. I have just found short videos on Youtube, and get it done. It makes it a lot easier to commit to. So this is my progress thus far, I'll keep you up to speed!

Okay, Love ya, bye!

-Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment