Friday 21 October 2016

Prepare for Guests, PS you forgot some food!

     As I've mentioned in the past, my posts about preparing for Christmas this year, is a trail run. While I've received a bunch of positive feedback, and likely will do it again next year, this year I'm trying to organize my blog. So while I sit here helping you organize your holiday, I'm also doing the blog thing. I stress this today especially because I'm covering like 2-3 things, and their kind of all over the map...let's get started shall we?

     We've already covered, figuring out who is coming for Christmas this year. I know in my house, we'll have at the very least, my Mother and Father in-law and their dog Riley. So I need to make sure I'm set to accommodate them. What you need to do first off is, clean out the linen closet! figure out what needs to go, what needs to be replaced, and if you just need more to make sure everyone is covered. I have no worries for little Riley, Alice has used enough of our old towels, we can surely spare one or two for the little guy. So you're going to want to make sure you have bedding, towels, and maybe some extra toiletries in case some one forgets something (because lets be honest, some one always forgets something). Also now is a good time to clean out the coat closet, so their is room for everyone in there.

     Here we go switching gears. Remember looking back when I told you to think of all the food you might need and add it to the list. If you 100% thought of everything, good job, I know I didn't. I forgot small things like when we put up the Christmas lights, I'd like to have hot chocolate and some treat after...better get myself together for that. Putting up the tree, or decorating the rest of the house, well there are things I'd like to do for food there too... Going to a parade? A concert? anything like that, if food plays a role in it, prepare now. I also know I haven't even begun to take into consideration baking, and making my Aunt's Chex mix (which I've told her more than once she could legit give me just that in a big bag for Christmas and I would be thrilled). It's time to start looking at the overlooked and prepare accordingly.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment