Wednesday 19 October 2016

Not Decking the Halls, Just getting them ready

      As far as what I've been up to with planning and prepping, I've been getting my home made gifts done. I've also been working away at home repairs and things of that nature. And we officially know we are going to have some guests, and that's actually part of an upcoming post.

     Today's post is actually about Holiday decor. Now, anyone who hates early decorators just stopped in their tracks. As far as I'm concerned, decorate when makes you happy. I am and early decorator, some parts for practical reasons, some for my own enjoyment. But by no means am I asking you to start decorating today...no that's early for even me.

     What I am asking is you go into the area where you have your holiday decor, and inventory it. What is great about doing this is, you have an idea of what all you have, I know I forget if there was something new from last year. On the flip side, if you're like me, and have way too much Christmas stuff, you might be able to look at this list and purge some of it.  I was able to purge about a third of what I had last year, and it helped out a friend.

      The main reason we're making this list though is to get ideas of where we want to put things when we DO decorate, and what things we might need. I moved into my first house this year, you can bet as a self proclaimed Christmas FREAK, my wheels have been turning since the first time I laid eyes on my house. That's your latest assignment should you choose to accept.

     One more thing, I'm attempting to get this blog series far more organized,and on an ACTUAL schedule. Remember this year is kind of a trail run for me. On that note though, expect the next post on Friday!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment