Tuesday 25 October 2016

A Wardrobe Experiment after one week

 
  If you didn't check out my Original post explaining my wardrobe experiment, check it out here.


    I'm just over a week of doing this experiment, and I think it's going well. I'm basically checking in today to kind of show you what I've learned so far, and my plans with this going forward.

    1. I like layers. There hasn't been an outfit I haven't thought out layers. There was one with a pull over sweater and I added a jacket and a blanket scarf. This is kind of making me understand why I NEVER feel put together in the summer, I wouldn't be able to reach for layers, or I would roast

    2. I like basics. There hasn't been anything overly trendy here. All of it is stuff I could carry over from one season to another. I currently have a drawer that is basically only white t-shirts and tank tops (and heavy socks), doing his post, it actually makes a lot of sense now.

    3. I've pinned FAR fewer items than I expected. As I write this, I'm on Day 8, and have 34 pins. While that may sound like a lot remember, I'm including, tops, and like layers. I'm including bottoms, jewelry, scarves, handbag, jackets and shoes. One outfit could potentially have like 8 items. Doing the math, I could potentially have 64 items here, 34 is low!

    4.There are quite a few things I own that I thought I'd grab all the time, but I haven't really gone for them in this post. I have 2 leather jackets. I have just today used one on the board, and I didn't even pick a colour I own. I have SEVERAL handbags, I've picked one this entire time. I also have dozens of earrings I'm at 3, a lot of boots...you get the picture.

    5.There are a several key pieces I already own I keep going for. Of the 34 pieces I have pinned so far, I own 16 of them, or a variation of it (and when I pinned the item, I had mine in my head). That's just less than half, so I was already on the right track.

    Doing this for one week as me wondering if perhaps I should do it for four weeks instead of just the two. Two seems like it might limit me, four gives me a lot more wiggle room. Either way, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment