Monday 8 June 2015

So this is ACTUALLY Working For me Pt.3 (Special Treatments)

    Now that we've covered my basic skin care routine that IS working FINALLY, this post is about the little extras I do. Basically I listen to my skin. I touched on this briefly in my second post (PS here is part 1 & 2) on how I listen to my skin, (like really brief, you may need to go back and read to even know what I mean).

   So the only product I would use both morning and evening is my serum. If I need a little extra moisture, I use this AND if I think I need a little something more on my skin. Serum is supposed to nourish and give your skin a little kick of added moisture. Using as much oil as I do, I don't always need it, because some people actually use grape seed oil as a serum.

   I'm, still using the Sibu serum, and I have no complaints. However, I'm a person who enjoys trying out new products... there are very few items in my cosmetic bag that I will not replace and this isn't one of them. When I get to the bottom of this, I'll likely go with a vitamin C serum.

   As far as added moisture goes if I STILL need more, it's only ever at night and I go to this night cream I've used for a while, the Andalou Heavenly night cream. Again, like this product, and actually like it more than the serum, still will likely try a new one next time.



     I think it's safe to say most people know that one of the reasons people get pimples is clogged pores. Something I learned during my research, and there has been a LOT, is when you have a pimple caused by clogged pores, nine times out of ten the blockage is dead skin cells. THIS is why exfoliating is important, NOT just in the Winter. I'm no dermatologist, but this is stuff I've learned. As a result I have 2 products I use for this, and this isn't a "listen to my skin" thing, I have scheduled nights I do these.  Weekends I do a Mask. I've been using, and will likely repurchase soon,  the Now French Green Clay powder. I've heard people say add this to honey, oil and water, which is the one I use. I feel like this goes deep into my pores and just hauls out the gunk. I usually have to tone, use oil, serum and sometimes night cream after this, but it does the job. Wednesday nights, after my makeup is off, I use some more oil, be it grape seed, apricot, or jojoba oil (whichever one I feel like) and a couple dashes of my Rocky Mountain Vanilla Coconut face polish. I gently massage it in, and continue my routine. I bought BOTH of these products at the Feel Good Store.
    My next skin concern product is for the fine lines. I want to say when I bought this product, I checked the local stores and couldn't find it... I may be wrong...none the less I bought this at Superstore, and I use Rose hip oil. I put this on RIGHT after I remove the honey when it's still damp. I have a rather animated face, and did some damage to my face over the years. Now I've heard that Rosehip oil is good for scars... if this is the case I should be using it more on my acne scars...but my primary use is for fine lines, because it's heavy in vitamin A. Another name for "vitamin a" is retinol... and by now most of us have heard how great reinol is for fine lines. I do NOT recommend using this every day tough, because retinol is also drying. 
Beyond this, my skin concern is acne... and has been for a while. The product I have used for years is tea tree oil. THIS or toothpaste... which is only a natural product if you use natural toothpaste, but toothpaste has always worked for me for drying out a pimple, while Tea tree oil fights the bacteria. 


 In the past I've tried to use natural makeup as well. Unfortunately the reality of natural makeup unfortunately is that it either doesn't do the job, or costs too much. I think that about 50% of my products I use are natural (guessing off the top of my head). When it comes to these products, I generally research the CRAP out of a product and the company. One "conventional" makeup and cosmetic lines I've liked EVERYTHING I've used from it is Clinique. I was in Sephora last week and like they usually do, they threw in a sample product, and it was the Acne Solutions clinical clearing gel. My experience with Clinique is that it's gentle, and for that reason, I tried this product, and it worked for me, better than the tea tree oil... I got this product last week so I'm not committing to it here, but I will continue to use my sample. Anyway, that's it, and here are the results of my new routine, I'm really happy with it. Not to say it's a perfect fit for you, because everyone is different, but after a month, I'm quite pleased. 


No comments:

Post a Comment