Monday 8 June 2015

So this is ACTUALLY Working For me Pt. 2 (Day)

    So this is the second part of my blog about my skin care routine ACTUALLY working. I've been experimenting with THIS routine for about a month and am REALLY happy with the results. If you're just clicking on this link directly, this is part one, if you'd like to check out part 1, click here .

   This is my morning routine, and I DID say in my previous post part of my issue was over cleansing, and using too many products stripping my skin. My night time routine is oils, and products you might have in your kitchen. This portion of my skin care routine DOES have actual products.

   Depending on the morning, I may or may not wash my face. If I don't feel the need, I'll splash cold water on, and that's the end of cleansing for me. If I feel like I need to cleanse it, I've used Pacifica's Sea Foam Complete Face Wash I purchased at the Corn Crib. I've been using Juice Beauty's products, and still really like them, but they stopped working for me (I'm guessing my skin built up immunity).

I've only ever heard good things about this product, it's gentle and $10 cheaper than Juice Beauty, not to mention, I'm able to buy locally. I use this in the shower too, so it's quick and easy, but as a result, toning isn't such a concern for me. I'm more concerned about restoring my skin's moisture at this point, because a warm shower can be drying. So I immediately us the same products I've been talking about in part 1, grape seed oil and apricot, for the exact same purposes in part 1.
 

    Quick blip on why I use Grape seed oil for the day SPECIFICALLY over some other oils. It has a higher burn point. Some oils like Olive oil, have a low burn point. Something about a low burn point oil on my face being exposed to light or heat, just doesn't sound like a great idea to me... for some reason... grape seed oil is quite the opposite, it actually has spf... but a low level.



     As a result I top it all off with this product right here. Kimberly Sayer  Moisturizer with SPF 30. This is for combination skin, and I think it's actually a line out of the UK, I got it off amazon, and it was a good deal, but it's rare to find such a good deal, and may choose a different route when I run out... which is still a ways away because this tube lasts a while .




   At night I kind of grab whatever lip balm is on hand, I use SPF during the day. I'll add, I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE Lip balm with SPF, because if you get it in your mouth at all, it tastes awful. This one is really not too bad for that. It's from the Rocky Mountain Soap factory (a line I've only ever had good experiences with), and I got it at the Feel Good Store.

   So that's that, 5 products this time, but still pretty basic, and has been working. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment