Monday 8 June 2015

So this is ACTUALLY Working For me Pt. 1 (Night)

    Been WAY too long since I did a blog post. I took a break out of frustration. I know SEVERAL posts consisted of experimenting with my skin care routine. However my rises and falls in this instance has resulting in me feeling discouraged...SO let's talk about what has FINALLY started working for me. 

    I've mentioned in the past about my "winter freak out" when it comes to my skin, ut this past winter was legit my BEST winter for skin in YEARS. As a result Spring was my freak out this year.  At a time of year I want to go lighter on my makeup application, I was pretty down about this. I continue to stand behind my post about natural skin care, because once again... this seems to be what is working. 

    I've gone UBER basic, and am amped to share what I've been doing. One thing I was doing wrong was OVER cleansing. I was stripping my skin, and that has drastically changed. What I'm sharing today is my VERY basic routine I've stuck to, I'm leaving out what I use for added moisture, exfoliating, fine lines and acne (for now).So this is actually JUST my evening routine as of right now, I will probably post a morning routine IMMEDIATELY after, simply because I get wordy and this could be a crazy long post otherwise.. 

    I use grape seed oil to remove all my makeup ( If I'm wearing any). I've been using oils for eye makeup removal for years. Grape seed oil is used for a few different parts of my routine, all for different reasons. I use it for makeup removal because it's light, and preps my skin better for my next step in my routine. I haven't actually bought it myself in a while. My husband picked my last bottle, and did it at Superstore. When it comes time to replace though, I'll likely shop local (if you haven't read ANY other post I've done, I always prefer to support a local business). 


So my next step is my actual cleansing, and is a step I've shared in a previous post, however in THAT routine, it was more of a nourishing thing. In this case it's what I used to cleanse and nourish at the very same time (because I love multi purpose products). That's my good friend Manuka Honey. When I was doing my research on cleansing using honey, they only specified "raw" honey. Since I was already using raw manuka, as a nightly mask, I simply dropped the step of using a cleanser. I've been a little wasteful with my manuka lately, basically when I cleansed before, there was still a little water on my face to help spread the honey, which is actually quite thick. Without that step, it hasn't gone on as smooth, and I've used a LOT more of it on my face. This being said, I've started to warm it up in my hands a little more, which has helped, but I started adding a couple drops of water to help it too.... I've heard of people adding oil, but I can't speak from experience. Like I did before I leave the honey on my face for 5-20 min and then just rinse off, and manka comes off easily with warm water. 
This is where I would tone my skin, which consists of me grabbing a cotton pad, soaking it in water, and adding a splash of apple cider vinegar. I have only experienced good things with my skin with apple cider vinegar. to use it as a toner you NEED to dilute it because it would be too harsh on your skin otherwise, but in my experience, it balances out that ph level nicely.

The next step is back to Grape seed oil. I message it into my face and give it time to absorb. This is my moisturizer and treats my skin as well. This is a good oil for acne, which has been an issue for me, and can repair skin damage. 

The final thing I use every night is apricot seed oil. I actually couldn't find this anywhere, but Anne at the Feel Good Store got it in for me. That's apricot oil. It's also light, and gentle, and good for fine lines. 

So that's it... 4 products, and the best results I've seen in a while. Like I said this is my night routine, without any of the add-ons I may require depending on the day. I'll be sure to go and put together my morning routine in just a bit, and perhaps mention my "add-ons". Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment