Tuesday 9 June 2015

I'm So Proud of My Dog

      If you know me, or have read my blog in the past, you know I have a dog, and ADORE her. Part of me tends to be a little discouraged about writing about her all the time, but whatever... I've writen about skin treatments WAY more... and screw you it's my blog lol. Also there hasn't been an Alice blog since April... I'm overdue.

    I want to link that old post too, simply because maybe you'll see why I'm so excited for her today. Check that out here . When I wrote that blog, I was in a much better place than I was originally with her social issues. Because there are 3 years of Alice's life we know nothing about, we don't know why she has social issues... but, this is the hand we were dealt. When she met my in-law's dog Riley, who by the way is a Shihtzu, she may have mistaken him for her bear...? maybe...? I was crushed by this, and the worst part was, she knew it...

    Fast forward 8 months. Let's remember Alice was in a situation where she was very unsure about everything, including my husband and I. She liked us, but still wasn't sure if she could tryst us or rely on us...and I REALLY don't think that's the case anymore... about a month or two ago it was like a switch was flipped. Alice was always happy to be with us, and liked us, but it seemed like we suddenly became the center of her universe. If you have a dog,I assume you know what I mean when I say, there is a bond, and a connection there now, that wasn't there before.It just clicked. She knows we're a family now I think. Aside from the way she is with us, she's been different with others too. When we have her out, she's much better with strangers. She doesn't really seem to have an issue with women anymore, still not sure about men... unless she's in a place she feels safe. 

   But HERE is why I'm excited for her today. I'm too proud, really. We were at the vet for a quick checkup, and there was another dog in the waiting room. This would have been a major issue in the past, but we decided to take her in and just sit further away from the other dog. Well she pulled, but when told sat down, and sat on a loose leash. This is HUGE for my dog, and not something I would have dreamed could be possible even just a couple months ago. I'd kind of like to go back and tell discouraged me from the Fall, guess what' we're doing better already! Let me stress, I can't even for a second take ALL the credit for this. First off, my husband has been a united front when it comes to Alice. I'm not sure she would have gotten to where she is without the consistency she's had. Also Alice has gone through 2 training classes at ABC training, and had some special attention from Bev, and Caroline as well. If you're looking to work with your dog, I DEFINITELY recommend them, check out their FB here


No comments:

Post a Comment