Monday 24 September 2018

Christmas Post #5, Organization

      We have all these great intentions and plans to...well plan for, but we need to keep it organized to stay on track. Today is about setting up a planner and a Calendar to keep everything straight. There are several different ways to approach this. In the past I have mentioned the website that kind of spawned this series,  101 Days to Christmas. On that page she has free printable pages that could be the right answer for you. I have done binders, saving in my phone but for me, it's a specified notebook, and the family calendar. My notebook has been in use for well over a month now, mostly planning the blog but there are sprinklings of my plans in there as well. The reason I chose this method is I live out of notebooks. I always have one on the go, it could be lists, schedules, ideas, but I always have a notebook going and I just function well with them.

      Something to play close to the chest (in say like a notebook) is start making your shopping list for gifts. Yeah, I know is seems SUPER early, but how much do you LOVE being in the insanity of the malls, only to discover what you're looking for is sold out. Not to mention if you spot one of those gifts on for steal, you want to scoop it up and save a couple bucks. There is also the aspect of made gifts. If you have a talent like baking, or gardening, some creativity, painting, or knitting, or want to piece together a gift basket, that takes time. I'm making 3-6 of the gifts I'm giving this year, so I need time. I have one done, and 2 started. 

        And finally, our family wall calendar is the best option for writing events and things because we all have access, and we can all see what's coming up. If our Christmas planning were a solo act, sure I could keep it in a binder, but we work as a team so we all need to know what's up. Figure out the best way you operate and take it from there.

        K, Luv Ya, Bye

        Nancy, Cale, Jake and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment