Sunday 1 January 2017

What I want for 2017

     So many people roll their eyes at New Year Resolutions, and I think it's something to do with the way most of us approach them. We're super motivated today, we are going full gear into these ideals we've set out for ourselves, and somewhere down the line, we realize how much we've taken on and get overwhelmed by the mere thought of it. This is why most resolutions don't make it to February.

     I have like 9 things, I would put on my resolution list, which sounds like that full gear super motivated deal right? HOWEVER my approach this year is a little at a time. I'm not expecting all these things to be 100% implemented in my life tomorrow. I'm mentally trying to prepare for when I have an off day, and not allow it to completely bring me down. Which brings me to one item on the list, less negativity and more positivity . I have an exceptionally jaded side to me, I could sit and analyze it, but the reality is it's there, and it's something I've been trying to improve on for a very long time, the battle continues. Falling into line with that is my lowered self confidence. The reality is my self doubt is unfortunately really high, and I know I'm smarter and stronger and more capable than I give myself credit for. If you know me on a one on one basis, most think I'm super confident, basically it's me making it until I break it. It has helped me get better than I was, and a big player in that is the more positive environments I've put myself in.


    With our resolutions, we try to become a better us, to be better for others, so another thing I'm doing is trying to take better care of myself both physically and emotionally. So I'm working on motivation, and still continuing to improve my eating habits (though they may have taken a little hit over the holidays) and get moving. I also want to keep myself motivated to do this and more. On the note of emotionally, I want to build deeper and stronger relationships. This goes for Cale, and my friends and family. I do find it quite easy to make friends, I always have, but the reality is there are the ones you make deeper connections with than others, I want to nurture these.

     I also want to find ways to give more. I'm really not sure how I'm going to do this.  I've given it some thought, and maybe I'll get involved in some charity events or something, but recently I've started thinking about this a lot. I've kind of come to the conclusion that if you're not doing something to help out others, you're just existing, not living. I'd like to brighten a day here or there, realize how lucky I am, and try and help others to be as lucky. This is one I'm planning to grow with.

     And finally, this is the one that I've been debating back and forth about if I want to share it publicly or not. I've decided I do, not FOR attention, more so to get rid of unwanted attention. Cale and I want to start a family. For some people, this is not news. It's not a new thing, it's just been a very private thing, which as a result I feel like it's put extra pressure on us. We've both been seeing doctors to make sure we're all good, and I'm still waiting for some, but yes we are trying. As I post this, I share this request. PLEASE don't ask us how it is going, I plan on sharing a lot on here. Please don't keep telling us how great it's going to be to have them, we want to learn this for ourselves and that's added pressure. Please don't tell us in some way we have to have kids because something is owed, if you're here to collect some debt through our child, it's a negativity we DO NOT need in our lives. Support and love are always welcome, but please realize this is something that can be, and has been very emotional.

Okay, Love ya, Bye!

-Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment