Monday 2 January 2017

Start packing, organizing and purging

     It seems every year, I have an excuse to procrastinate this next step in the Christmas wrap up, and this year is no exception. Taking down all the Christmas decorations, organizing them and putting them away. I have several reasons why I wait (in some cases to February) to take it down. This year here are my top 2. I'm actually sick right now, and would feel much better were I decapitated (I said it). The other reason is my brother is coming to visit and he's never seen how I decorate for Christmas, so it's 100% staying up for him.

    In previous years it's also been lack of motivation, energy, and also, I love Christmas, so it makes me a little sad when it's time to pack it up for another year. Honestly were my brother not coming, I would likely be doing SOME packing up. To avoid getting down or overwhelmed, I usually just allow myself a half hour to get stuff going. If I'm still good after the 30 min window, I keep going, if I'm bummed or overwhelmed, I take a break. Does it take me longer than the average person? Absolutely, but to be fair, I also started much earlier than the average person.

     I bought a new big red and green tote because they're my favorite for Christmas decor (I'm up to 3 now, but I'll point out I actually put my tree in one). SO it should be pretty easy to organize, but I want to make sure I go through stuff I didn't put out this year. This is where the purging comes into play. Do I have stuff to get rid of? One of my spring cleaning plans is to purge a LOT of stuff from our house, and actually do a yard sale at some point, so this can get added to the stock.

    Just another step in the Christmas wrap up!

Okay, Love ya, Bye!

-Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment