Tuesday 3 January 2017

Fighting A Cold

     Hello from Death's Door! Okay slightly dramatic, but the reality is this is how I feel. I thought this MAY have been coming on on New Years Eve, but actually pretty well everyone I came in contact with that night felt the same way, and I think many of us are sick now. While I'm at work, and sleeping I tend to medicate, so I can get through the shift and sleep through the night. But otherwise, I like to keep it all natural. This is the 3 blog I've ever run, and I'm pretty sure I've done this post on more than one occasion, but here it is, how to get through a cold.


    1. Rest, you're going to need a day off for this, so you can just chill and take the time to get better. If you can stay in bed, all the better.

    2. Hydrate, a LOT. So I have a timer set when I'm sick for 60 min. In that 60 min, I have to consume an entire beverage. I drink, Water, tea, Orange Juice, and if I happen to have some on hand (and I do right now) home made broth. I guess that's one lucky point, I still have so many turkey bones left making broth was simple. If you never saw my post about making broth check it out here.

       

    3. Get the grossness out! If your nose is congested, or it's all in your throat, there is mucus there. If you blow it out, or hack it up, get as much of it out of your body as possible.

     I'm not saying this will make you 100% better, but it sure does speed up the process!


No comments:

Post a Comment