Saturday 4 April 2015

My Eczema's best Winter EVER!

     So I recently did a blog on my skin care routine... and I believe it said current, for a reason. A recent change in temperature has resulted in me changing it up a little, and I'll likely do another post on that in the future. However this post is all about the BEST Winter I EVER had with eczema.


    So I, like most people with eczema, have terrible skin in the winter. In previous years I've had HUGE red, scaly patches on my skin, I'm assuming many can relate. I tried some new stuff this year and it made ALL the difference. I have some small dry patches but not many. So what did I do different this year? Product change up.

    In my post about my face care routine I may or may not have mentioned that not only do I use the rocky mountain pumpkin soap for my face, but my body ( I kind of love when products can do double duty). When I bought it, I was actually buying it because it was a hydrating soap and my skin was just starting to get dry, it was a happy accident when I discovered it worked well for my face too.
     

     I've had a major issue with my skin being super dry, and then over moisturizing, then my skin gets super itchy and I end up clawing myself and irritating my skin to the point it's bleeding, weeping and painful. This soap if for exceptionally dry skin, I definitely still moisturize, after but my skin isn't desperately thirsty as as result. 

    As SOON as I'm getting out of the shower, before I towel off, I use Oil. I have one oil that is kind of my indulgent oil, and again I got it at the Feel Good Store (yes, I love that store).
Snagged this pic from the Feel Good Store FB page.

    If my skin isn't feeling super dry or sensitive I use this oil, I have the vanilla shake one and it smells awesome. 

    Otherwise I go for a regular oil...I have a little bit of a collection....
     
     ...Or a problem, depends on how you look at it. Where I'm looking for major moisture, I'd either go Avocado, or Coconut (I'm actually out of coconut right now because I use it for several things). THEN I dry off....If I need more moisturizer I use an unscented moisturizer. My absolute FAVORITE is Natures Gate unscented. It is one of the ONLY moisturizers I've never had issue with my skin reacting to. If I happen to have any patches of that dry scaly skin, I use my sibu sea buckthorn oil and it's fantastic. 

     SO as a result, I've had the absolute best winter I ever had as far as my eczema goes. I've started trying to pay closer attention to how my body reacts to different things, and I've seriously noticed  difference in more than one way. So this has worked for me and maybe there are some things in there that can help you find a best method for you



No comments:

Post a Comment