Monday 13 April 2015

Review on Manuka Honey as a face Mask

     It was less than 2 months ago I did my skin care routine post, and I've changed it again. I'm happy to say I'm into my SPRING routine now. As a result I went through my cabinets and started to clear out expired products, and products that I need to use up. I have this habit of wanting to try out new products, and  end up with partial bottles. I have some I'm worse with than others, but I have a little collection. For example, I have 3 Face washes I need to use up...Will they all get finished prior to expiration? I 'm not sure... But I am currently using one, and I'll give you the review on it next week (when I've been using it  for 2 weeks and can give a fair review). I'm also sticking to these quite close because I have another one I want to buy....of course. I'll do a post soon on my Spring routine, because it's fun...to post it not the routine... well...parts are fun I suppose...

    So this is actually a review on a product I've been using for a while and have mentioned on more than one occasion, Manuka Honey!
 
     This has become an every day thing in my routine. I bought this Jar for around $22 at the Corn Crib, and it was around $22. I'm still on my first jar, I got it around Christmas. If you wanted to try it before committing to the WHOLE Jar, The Corn crib actually sells single serve packets for less than $2. I bought a box, of those, for making tea on the go, or if I go away for a weekend or something, keeps me from having to take the whole jar.

     And yes, this appears in my every day skin care routine, and I use it as a mask. I talk about my favorite youtuber a lot, and that's once again where I heard about it from. So when I heard about Makua Honey as a face mask I started to look into it more. Manuka Honey is supposed to be good for anti-aging, acne, and for nourishing your skin. When I first heard all these claims, I had dry, broken out skin, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I put it on as a mask, and let it sit 20 min before washing it off. It's thicker than most honey I've consumed, and it IS sticky but washes of pretty easily, I find it easy to get off if you use warm water. It shrunk my pimples, and returned moisture to my skin. I've also noticed that some of my lines on my face aren't NEARLY as noticeable. I the winter, I feel like it REALLY helped my dry skin issue. 

    I'm getting to the bottom of my jar, and will likely repurchase, my biggest downside is my dog wants to lick it, and I have to keep her away from my face for 20 min!


No comments:

Post a Comment