Friday 24 April 2015

Toner review

    Ok so I'm a little late on the draw with my new review post, but here it is. I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal as a result of the face was I was using, I've gone back to a face wash I know works for me, and will ABSOLUTELY do a review on it at some point, but I'm trying to kind of go step by step with my skin care routine, and though I'm officially not using my pumpkin soap on my face anymore, I'm still using it ( I was in the feel good store today to buy more), and if you have dry skin, I'm still recommending it.

    No today I'm going to talk about toner. Specifically Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel.
 This one again I recommend for drier skin, it's being phased out as my skin is getting more oily. I have dry skin in the winter, and combo-oily in the spring/summer... things get confusing.


     Ok so this is actually a cult classic product, tons of people use it, tons of people love it. Before I even made the switch to natural products, I knew about this bad boy. I personally think it's worth the hype. Let me stress, this is NOT and astringent! That may sound like a dumb thing to say, but for years I thought toners and astringents were the same thing, as a result, I'm utterly horrified at the thought of using an astringent on my face...I was actually super hesitant to use my "Summer toner" as a result (but that is for another post).

    Let's start with the price point, and where I got it.  I purchased my bottle for $14 at the Corn Crib and it lasts SO long. Toners are meant to even out your skin tone, and this does that, while it moisturize, and treats with aloe, and vitamin e. Also the rose petals are what makes it better for sensitive skin too. I also like to use a mask at night, and it's good to take off the residue I may have missed. Another thing toners tend to do is reduce the visibility of pores, and I did see a difference with this product (and am actually getting my friend started using this very product, tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment