Monday 27 April 2015

Challenge Accepted!

     Challenge accepted! This was a status post I did on Friday Night. So I've posted a bajillion posts...out of my whole like what 42 posts... about skin care. Full disclosure, the last several weeks I've been struggling with my skin care routine. I've been broken out, and my old faithful, hasn't been faithful at all. My blemishes have stuck around and seemed to have gotten irritated because a good portion of my face has been red. I had the odd pimple in High school... so I guess this is my time for the bad skin... I suppose I should be thankful, I was a pretty awkward teen, maybe I couldn't have taken that too.


     So I was talking to a friend of mine who has beautiful skin and she mentioned that she does oil cleansing. Oil cleansing is something I'm familiar with, and have done it a couple times...it's not bad... it's typically been my go to when I've been planning to do a detox bath or when I'm super lazy and don't want to have to do a complete skin routine at night. It IS something I'd thought about doing all the time, but I found it actually dried out my skin at one point...yes... oil can be drying. With the info I have I decided to do something rather drastic..I've walked away from EVERY product I was using, and am starting 100% fresh... starting with oil cleansing, and slowly reintroducing my skin to other products so I can be certain that I'm using just the right routine for me. I actually started doing this Friday night, and yes I took a before pic.

This is Friday night, blotchy and inflamed skin. I've been using oil cleansing all weekend, and actually have already had to tweak it, because of drying. Castor oil is my "Carrier oil" and that's what is doing the drying. The other oil I chose was jojoba oil, because it's supposed to be good for acne, and well that' my big issue at the moment. I started with a 50/50 mix, worked well for about a day and a half, and then I noticed I was getting dry, so I switched to 1/3 castor and 2/3 jojoba, we'll see how this goes, but I will share my progress, and will need to give my skin at least 2 weeks to adapt. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment